[Neuroscience] Re: Good book about left brain/right brain

r norman via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by r_s_norman from _comcast.net)
Sat Oct 27 21:22:57 EST 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:03:08 +0000, konstantin kouzovnikov
<myukhome from hotmail.com> wrote:

>> physical laws is, simply put, ridiculous. If you want to make such a
>> suggestion, it is up to you to describe a mechanism by which it could
>> happen and give some evidence to indicate that your mechanism is,
>> indeed, at work to the exclusion of alternatives.
>

>What about gravity?  The literature is too huge to present. However, it is evident that the amount of the actual research directly related to this discussion was never been a prority of the funding agencies. As usual, it is very expensive.

What about gravity?  As I said, it is up to you to describe a
mechanism by which gravity could influence the operation of
development and so create a difference between the left and right
sides of the brain.

Some very few cells do, indeed, contain intracellular organelles of
sufficient density that they are affected by gravity.  But at the
cellular level, try to show that gravity has any detectable effect.

Yes, I am familiar with the vestibular system and the effect that the
weight of the body has on muscles, tendons, bones, and their
receptors.  But the subject matter of this discussion is left
brain/right brain.