[Neuroscience] Re: Edelman's neuro model of consciousness, opinions?

polly jo via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by jopower from yahoo.com)
Tue Oct 30 09:27:50 EST 2007

--- "John H." <bingblat from goaway.com.au> wrote:

> To go from Edelman to leadership consciousness is
> not only a bridge too far
> but has absolutely no logical connections. How
> about:
>
> "In Search of Excellence" Waterman and Peters,
> classic old text on
> leadership in business.
>
> Or "The Noasshole Rule" by some economist at
> harvard. Very interesting.
>
> But forget about learning about leadership
> consciousness by reading books
> about consciousness because the latter is befuddled
> and damning. We don't
> know.

This is in defence of Terri Egan .... John, I find
your remarks rather dismissive, sarcastic even, and
therefore offensive since I am a member of the mailing
list. The questioner wished, I understand,
to have a discussion on Edelman's model of
consciousness, and of course I realise that you have
no wish to traverse the ground, however, there is no
need to be so patronizing.....

As far as my knowledge of "consciousness theories"
goes, I have some idea of the NC correlates by Crick
and Koch, which I find reasonable enough and no other,
and would like to understand, a little further the
"befuddled" ideas of Edelman, if anyone cares to put
their objective views on it.

Polly

news:mailman.399.1193686609.23109.neur-sci from net.bio.net...