[Neuroscience] TOPRO3 DNA staining

=?Windows-1252?Q?Bruno_Saubam=E9a?= via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by bruno.saubamea from univ-paris5.fr)
Sun Apr 13 11:41:01 EST 2008

Hi everyone,
I'm new on this forum and here is my first question. Do you have =
experience with TOPRO3. I commonly use it to stain DNA for confocal =
imaging and it compares well to TOTO3 or IP for example because it does =
not stain RNA and therefore you don't need to go through RNAse =
treatment. The problem is that the staining intensity of the nucleus can =
show variations from one experiment to the other. I feel that TOPRO3 =
might be rather fragile and staining efficiency might be affected after =
a few months storage of TOPRO3 at -20=B0C even if you take care to avoid =
repeted freeze/thaw. What is your experience? Also what is the best =
fixative for DNA staining (I commonly use PFA 4%)?
Thank You
Bruno=20

Bruno SAUBAMEA

EA 3621 & Service Commun d'Imagerie Cellulaire et Mol=E9culaire

Facult=E9 des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques
Universit=E9 Paris Descartes
4, avenue de l'Observatoire
75006 PARIS

tel : 01.53.73.97.13