[Neuroscience] Re: Brain makes decisions before you even know it

forbisgaryg from msn.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by forbisgaryg from msn.com)
Sun Apr 13 21:03:07 EST 2008

On Apr 13, 6:19 pm, "John Hasenkam" <jo... from goawayplease.com> wrote:
> In a way not surprising but I find the 10 sec delay suspicious. It is also a
> simple decision making process(left or right button). I don't think that is
> representative of most decision making processes.
>
> http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080411/full/news.2008.751.html
>
> Your brain makes up its mind up to ten seconds before you realize it,
> according to researchers. By looking at brain activity while making a
> decision, the researchers could predict what choice people would make before
> they themselves were even aware of having made a decision.

Yeah, 10 seconds is surpizing.  The interesting part is that if
consciousness plays a part in certain decision making it isn't
direct.