Fw: [Neuroscience] Re: Brain Works More Chaotically Than PreviouslyThought

Ronald C. Blue via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by ron from u2ai.us)
Sun Apr 20 11:35:44 EST 2008

>The system is anatomically more complex than commonly thought - DOH,
>the more we learn, the less we realize we understand.

>However, it's a little unclear why the author of the article chose to
>use the word "chaotic". More conflation of ideas, I think.

Using a child's wave machine filled with a blue wax and oil mixture with
water floating on top to illustrate
the "chaotic" relationships.

You can put information into the "soup" of the wave machine in the form of
highly complex three dimensional waves.

If you add the height of the waves and the reverse for the water the
information or power spectrum over the information in the
wave machine is zero because it is a complex opponent-processing system.

The system is said to be chaotic because it is non linear and can not be
predicted using conventional methods.

Chaotic does not mean it is not orderly or beyond comprehension, it just
means at this time we
do not have adequate tools to understand the relationships completely.

Ron Blue
http://u2ai.us
Correlational Holographic Opponent Processing