[Neuroscience] Technical question: dissociated cells

christinelaura from hotmail.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by christinelaura from hotmail.com)
Thu Apr 24 01:15:00 EST 2008

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has done electrophysiology on acutely
dissociated neurons? I've found several methods in the literature and
have had a couple of attempts with adult rat brain. The cells come out
looking bright and round and alive, but unfortunately I can't make
them stick to glass chips, with or without poly-D-lysine coating. I
need them to stick to something in order to patch them.

Any suggestions?