[Neuroscience] Actinomycin D

Luca Giliberto via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by luca_glb from hotmail.com)
Wed Dec 3 10:34:19 EST 2008

Hi everyone.

Question on Actinomycin D et similia.

Does the degree of transcription inhibition of these compounds depend on the "copy number" of the gene/cDNA to be inhibited? E.g., if I transfect a cDNA-plasmid, with let's say a CMV type promoter, and go look mRNA from this cDNA and from an endogenous gene, should I expect same the amount of mRNA (low), or the transfected gene, being "more", has more chances to escape the inhibition and get transcribed?

Thanks.

Luca.