[Neuroscience] does spermine impede patch clamping neurons?

Karthik via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by rajasekaran.karthik from gmail.com)
Tue Dec 9 14:36:04 EST 2008

Hi, I am trying to record rectification of AMPA currents, and am
having problems with the quality of patch clamping if I add 100 microM
of spermine to my pipette solution. I tried by first back filling my
pipette with the regular internal and then filling with spermine
containing internal, in which case the quality of seal degrades within
a few minutes of patching the cell. Would appreciate any input on this
problem. Thanks a lot!
Karthik