[Neuroscience] Re: Looking for a microscope camera

Sat Dec 20 21:52:21 EST 2008

Hi Claudio,

It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who uses a security camera for
IR-DIC! If you just want to take pictures, then the DAGE-IR100 is
excellent. Its great for IR-DIC, and has excellent sensitivity for its
price. It doesn't come with any software/capture card etc, however now
days you can get a capture card with a video port for ~$50. You can
set up digital pulses to control exposure time, but you probably wont
need to, to capture lucifer yellow. If you're looking for a camera
built for this kind of stuff, and it will allow you do to ROI
analysis, binning, etc for Ca2+ experiments, one of the cheapest
cameras that I know of is the Diagnostic Instruments Pursuit range,
which are about 11,000 US.

If someone knows a better deal let everyone know.