[Neuroscience] Neuroscience programs: Got a list, need tips.

KATHARINE LEAH DICKSON via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by kldickson from wisc.edu)
Sat Dec 27 14:51:47 EST 2008

Hello!  This is my first post.

I have a list of some PhD programs I'd like to apply to, but I need a little bit more advice as to how to narrow it down.  I'm an undergrad and have a little time before I start applying to grad schools, so I'm narrowing them down ahead of time before I start applying so I won't spend excess time worrying about where to apply when I start applying.

There are apparently a whole LOT of places, more than I expected (around 30), concerning sufficiently related projects to what I want to do (although what 'sufficiently' is, I'm not completely sure, and I need a better idea of how to really refine that).  How do I narrow it down to a reasonable number, and what is a reasonable number to apply to?  I've heard anywhere from as few as 5 to as many as 15.

Thanks -

kldickson from wisc.edu