[Neuroscience] Re: Did I damage my prefrontal cortex?

Sudheendra Rao N R via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Mon Jan 28 23:29:24 EST 2008

Hi,
I bet you dont have clinical expertise. Any neurosurgeon or neurologist
would consider damage to prefrontal  or frontal lobe while having heard that
history. There is a formal way of dealing things like these. First as you
mentioned its the imaging stuff..MRI is the best but aided-MRIs like
diffusion images etc will be able to pick up mild changes. Also there are
other imaging modalities which can shed light upon changes in regional
circulation. Its generally not given importance because cognitive retraining
if needed would hardly be administered.
Also a formal neuropsychological assessment will definitely tell us about
prefrontal or frontal pathology.
If you depend of docs who inturn depend on imaging to tell you stories..you
are surely in a wrong place.

You need not tell symptoms..to a good doctor..he will expect them and he
will get the answers by asking questions to you..ofcourse not Leading
questions.

regards,
Sudheendra.

Think before agree