[Neuroscience] Filling cells with Lucifer yellow

SJM Guzman via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by segundojm from neurohost.org)
Wed Jan 30 17:51:37 EST 2008

Hello All

I am trying to obtain some morphological evidence of my recordings in
organotypic slices of the cortex. After some attempts of filling the cells
with Lucifer yellow (LY) I experienced some difficulties (mainly a profound
pipette clogging). I decided to lower the concentration of LY (from 1 to 0.
1mg/mL but I still have some problems. I cannot get a good seal , and after
filling part of the cell, the pipette remains so hardly attached to the
cell that the cell is detached when I remove my pipette .

Strange enough without LY the recordings are possible , although quite
uncomfortable in comparison with the acute slices

Apart of using Alexa488 in stead of LY, is there any suggestion out there?

thank you very much for your help! SJM Guzman <jose.guzman(at)medizin.uni-
leipzig.de> Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:22:55 +0100