[Neuroscience] Re: The future of psychology, neuroscience, and artificial intelligence

Alpha via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by OmegaZero2003 from yahoo.com)
Sat Mar 8 12:03:55 EST 2008

"Glen M. Sizemore" <gmsizemore2 from yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:47d1afe7$0$3092$ed362ca5 from nr2.newsreader.com...
> Below is a link to a very cool paper. Whether the simple network on page
> 334 is "correct" or not, the flavor of the paper foreshadows, I think, the
> future of psychology, neuroscience, and artificial intelligence, all
> rolled into one. The fields are mutually complimentary and, I think, there
> is no other way.

Unfortunately, nonthing in that paper tells us how to account for
first-person experience, which is the most irrefutable aspect of our
existence.  Psychology has a chance, AI on its current tracks has no chance,
and neither does  neuroscience as received; only the addition of an
introspective approach (appreciated by some psychologists over a long time
span of history) will find out what consciousness is; what the first-person
experience is.  There is a case to be made that the fields are
complementary; introspection would add important data /explanadums those
other fields are supposed to be providing analysis and explanation of!