[Neuroscience] Re: Magnification Factor in MR Images.

Matthew Kirkcaldie via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by Matthew.Kirkcaldie from removethis.utas.andthis.edu.au)
Wed Mar 19 15:48:16 EST 2008

In article
<bde554d3-82b6-42f7-a8a6-70a0a40d1f44 from m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
 Anita <anitaknivedha from gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on MR Images of the Human Brain. I'd like to find the
> Magnification Factor of the MR Images that I have. How do I do that?
> Is it something I'd have to find out from the Imaging Centre where the
> Scan was obtained?

Yes you would. Size-per-pixel is a function of the machine itself and
the settings. There may be info in the header of the DICOM file.

Whether the scale is consistent throughout the volume is also a
consideration - they can and do vary.

      Cheers, MK.