[Neuroscience] Re: Technical question: dissociated cells

Ewa Z-ska via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by edzska from gmail.com)
Sun May 11 21:17:03 EST 2008

Hi,
You may want to try approaching your cells with low positive pressure. Test
if they are sensitive to the pressure in your recording pipette. Cells
should stick to the poly-lys coverslips. Give them a few hours to do it so.

best,
eva

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:23 AM, <anjum_zfr from yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> we are using newborn hipppocampal neurons for patching at JCSMR, ANU,
> Canberra. they grow well and stick to glass coverslipes as well.
> Though I am new student here and learning patching here. I don't have
> the references with me rightnow but i can send you them if you wish.
>
> Cheers
> Anjum
>
> J.A.Legris wrote:
>
> > On Apr 24, 2:15�am, christinela... from hotmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has done electrophysiology on acutely
> > > dissociated neurons? I've found several methods in the literature and
> > > have had a couple of attempts with adult rat brain. The cells come out
> > > looking bright and round and alive, but unfortunately I can't make
> > > them stick to glass chips, with or without poly-D-lysine coating. I
> > > need them to stick to something in order to patch them.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > How about a micropipette under low negative pressure.
> >
> > --
> > Joe

Ewa