[Neuroscience] What camera do you use of Fluorescent Imaging?

Sun May 25 17:51:51 EST 2008

Hi,

I need a new digital camera suitable for a variety of tasks in
epifluorescent mode (Plain luminescence calcium imaging, ratiometric
calcium imaging as well as plain old 'don't glowing cells look pretty'
mode), so I'd need to be able to change gain and exposure time at a
click of a button. On top of that, in order to dovetail to
electrophysiological recording, I'd need it to be easily triggered
into action by an ouput from the A/D converter.

I've played around with the Diagnostic Instruments Spot Explorer line
of cameras, and while they have a good set of functions, some bright
spark had mounted a fan in the camera and hence it generated lovely
vibrations that constantly shook the rig.

I was just wondering what camera/acquisition software do you guys use?

Thanks

Bill Connelly
Department of Pharmacology
University of Otago