[Neuroscience] Ion channel distributions

Rick Giuly via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by rgiuly.group from yahoo.com)
Tue Nov 18 09:47:22 EST 2008

Hello All,

I'm interested in modeling neurons and I have a few questions:

(1) In adult animals, are ion channel distributions constant?

(2) Do particular cell types have well defined ion channel
distributions that are similar among all cells of the type? (For
example does a Purkinje cell have a predictable ion channel

(3) Are the answers to questions (1) and (2) different for vertebrates
and invertebrates?

Any comments or paper recommendations are appreciated. I've done some
literature searching and found some fragments of information on these
topics but nothing definitive yet.