[Neuroscience] latest research on the what and how of our (and/or animal) brains' processing of concepts/numbers

lbrtchx from gmail.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by lbrtchx from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 8 00:38:06 EST 2008

 I was reading "Thinking about Mathematics" by Stewart Shapiro, who
talks about Donald O. Hebb's paper "The Organization of Behavior
(1949)" and about his research on how our brains "process" numbers
 Now, technology has advanced quite a bit since 1949, which made me
wonder about the latest research on that area. I checked for books on
this kind of topic and as usual you will find a lot of what I reader
at amazon considered "pop neuroscience", which is exactly what I am
 Could you point me to the latest research/seminal papers on the
subject of synaptic plasticity and our brains "processing" of concepts/
numbers? I am primarily interested about papers/claims backed by
actual physical investigations and it would be nice if they are
oriented towards the epistemology and ontology of concepts/numbers.
 Thank you