[Neuroscience] Re: If brain part is removed and kept alive, would it still work if stimualted electrically, I.e. postcentral gyrus (main sensory cortex)

Bill.Connelly via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by connelly.bill from gmail.com)
Tue Aug 18 21:22:53 EST 2009

If a piece of the brain was removed from your head; and then you
stimulated that piece of tissue, you would not feel anything. The
piece of tissue is no connected to your body in any way, and hence it
can not interact with your body in any way.

This is no more possible that if you cut of someones arm, and then
gave tactile stimulation to that arm, that person could not feel it.

Hopefully this answers your question.