[Neuroscience] intracellular AMPAR blocker for in vivo experiments.

Jose Guzman via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by nin from neurohost.org)
Thu Feb 5 16:01:37 EST 2009

Hi everybody there,

I have been looking in the pubmed for a long time, and I did not find
any AMPARs blockers for intracellular application (apart from the
polyamines).

The problem is that while extracellular stimulation in vivo is quite
straightforward, we still do not if this response is uniquely
excitatory. Applying the drugs extracellularly is difficult due to the
nature of the experiments (in vivo recordings).

Does anybody of you know something related with that?. The idea would be
to discard the AMPAR component of a EPSC in the granule cells of the
hippocampus upon entorinal cortex stimulation.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jose.