[Neuroscience] Re: intracellular AMPAR blocker for in vivo experiments.

Mon Feb 9 20:31:23 EST 2009

That is a problem! If you weren't at such a deep location I would say
just apply high strength CNQX to the cortex (works when you're in
cerebellar granule cells). I have looked for the exact same thing in
the more mundane situation of patching in slices, and I couldn't find
anything.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to find a non-selective
sodium channel antagonist.  I say this because you can apply DIDS
intracellularly to block GABAA receptors, and it is just a Cl- channel
blocker, mostly used by epithelia researchers.

What do you think you're chances are if you picospritzed the drug on?
You should be able to get a drug application electrode in their first,
and the blowing of CNQX shouldn't distrupt your patch very often (it
doesn't in slices).

Sorry I couldn't be more help.