[Neuroscience] Blocking a transmembrane ATPase but not on the sarcoplasmic reticulum

kedar Ghimire via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by kedar from kedarghimire.com)
Sun Feb 15 04:46:30 EST 2009

Dear Bio.net friends,

Due to conflicting results of my experiment, I need to know whether the
ATPase on the cell membrane is contributing to Autophagy or the one on the
sarcoplasmic reticulum namely SERCA. How can i block the ones on the cell
membrane and still keep the ATPases on the sarcoplasmic reticulum unblocked?
and then i want to observe the situation of autophagy in drosophila cells. I
generated homzygous clones for the relevant gene but i have a feeling it
will act on all ATPases on the cells and wouldn't be specific to those on
the membrane of SR/ER

thanks,
Kedar