[Neuroscience] Warm slicing

Mon Jul 27 00:58:35 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

I thought I would post the result of a little experiment I tried
today. After reading:
http://www.precisionary.com/products_faq.html#q9
I tried making some cortical slices (250um thick) in a cutting chamber
heated with a 35 degree water bath (in sucrose aCSF) from 20 day old
tissue. While the brain was so much more fluid than at 4 degrees, but
the cells were wonderfully visible and healthy looking.
Just a suggestion that I thought someone might be interested in.