[Neuroscience] Re: neuronal cultures

Wed Nov 18 19:42:53 EST 2009

Adult cortical neuronal cell culture? Yes, it is difficult to get any
live neurons in your cell culture. We always work with either E16-17
or P1-3. For adult neuronal culture you need to do all kinds of
dissociation, gradient separation, and neurotrophic stuff (at least in
my experience). Do some searches for adult neuronal culture methods
and I think you'll see what I mean.