[Neuroscience] Re: Question from a student for the list

Thu Oct 15 17:01:36 EST 2009

In the UK and Australia if you enter a PhD they are going to expect
you are research ready. That you understand the topic and the methods
(though you don't have to have practicle experience). 99% of the
people in the PhD stream with you will have already done a years
(either full or part time) worth of research.

If that sounds intimidating, then it sounds like you should do a
masters, and if I were you, I would do my masters in the same lab you
plan to do your PhD in.