[Neuroscience] Re: A new fluorescent probe FFN511

Tue Feb 16 17:59:43 EST 2010

Yeah, I saw that paper. Interesting stuff. Though I was a bit
disappointed by the videos of release. I don't know what I was
expecting, but that wasn't it. I wonder if you did it in cell culture,
maybe with TIRF microscopy, whether you get something that looks more
like what I imagine synaptic transmission looks like. i.e. I want to
see a green oresynaptic terminal, then release, and see green leaking
out into the extrasynaptic space.