[Neuroscience] Re: confusion about cerecellar circuity

Kalman Rubinson via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by kr4 from earthlink.net)
Fri Feb 26 16:57:06 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:43:24 -0800 (PST), "Peter H."
<pjwholm from yahoo.es> wrote:

>On 25 feb, 22:30, Kalman Rubinson <k... from earthlink.net> wrote:
>> You are very clear in your descriptions but I still do not see the
>> arrangement that seems to be vexing you.  There are many large cells
>> deep to the granular layer but I am uncertain of what they are.
>>
>> However, I will ask an expert or two tomorrow.
>>
>> Kal
>>

>If you still cannot precisely define the arrangement which is vexing
>me, then you ought to print out this thread and show it to your
>expert(s). And you should also show them these cells -of which I have
>an incling that that you confuse them with the Purkinje cells
>themselves- in Brainmaps. Because otherwise you will likely just have
>them regurgitating their textbooks.
>
>And thank you for your effort. Actually, I have been posting to this
>forum in hopes to find some expert feedback right here.

Well, I was talking to Rodolfo Llinas today and figured I would bring
this up even though I did not have the pix or the links with me.  From
my description, he thought, as I did, that they were probably
cerebellar nucleus cells and he showed me some pix from Cajal which
seemed to be similar.

I will try to have him take a look at the specific pix you are talking
about some time next week, if time permits.

Kal