[Neuroscience] Initial LTD/LTP phase

Andreas Görlich via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by goerlich from physik.uni-kl.de)
Wed Jul 21 08:03:37 EST 2010

I¹m sorry, but I couldn¹t find any papers/reviews explaining what happens in
the initial phase after LTD/LTP stimulation (CA1)? A standard LTD protocol
leads initially  to a depression of about let¹s say 70% declining in the
next 5 to 15 Minutes to 30% (steady state phase). What happens during the
first few minutes after LTD (LTP) induction? Is it a presynaptic effect
(depletion of the presynapse) or a postsynaptic effect (dephosphorylation of
AMPARs) or both? Can you suggest any papers on this topic?

Thanks
Andreas