[Neuroscience] capacitive membrane current and ionic current in neuron

reza moghadam via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by reza_rzm from yahoo.com)
Fri Jul 30 10:38:49 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

dose anybody can give me a help to understand what people mean by "
...capacitive membrane current is larger than ionic membrane current at the interesting neurobiology frequency..."

what i understand from HH type of equation  (cdv/dt=ionic_current+leak_current+Isyn+Iinj),

capacitive current defined as  cdv/dt and ionic current is  G*(Erev-V).  am i right? then independent of frequency capacitive current should be larger than total ionic current! or
dose capacitive current have another interpretation? or we have to use another formula?

thanks in advance