[Neuroscience] Re: mEPSCs

Tue Mar 23 15:11:49 EST 2010

I can't recommend a matlab routine. Minianalysis was a popular piece
of software for a while. Personally I have found it very buggy, but it
does work. The free software of University of Strathclyde does an okay
job too.
http://spider.science.strath.ac.uk/sipbs/software_ses.htm

Whether you use winEDR or winWCP I can't remember. (I think it is
winEDR though).

It's not that hard to write your own though. This algorithm is very
effective

Axograph is a great piece of software too (and written by the guy who
wrote that paper I cited above), and buying it just for analysis is
cheaper than the analysis & recording suite.

I've never gotten serf to really work, but I'm sure it does, and it is
free.
http://www.bram.org/serf/serf.php