[Neuroscience] Reverse EEG

Sudheendra Rao N R via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by sudhee26 from gmail.com)
Mon Sep 13 21:57:05 EST 2010

Hi,
Your EEG basically is AMPLIFIED electrical activity and to pass electricity
back, you would have problems of penetration, tissue resistance.
However, on a gross scale Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) does what
u intend to do, but it uses magnetic field to create a perpendicular
electric field..
In that context, this is interesting.

4. Transcranial stimulation has been used to alter cortical activity and
learning (Hallett, 2007; Floel and Cohen, 2007). In this sense, transcranial
electrical stimulation is 'reverse EEG'. In an intriguing study, application
of slow-wave (0.75 Hz) transcranial electrical stimulation during early
slow-wave sleep was shown to improve declarative memory retention (Marshall
et al., 2006). The subjects were stimulated with positive currents at
fronto-lateral locations. The critical link from this finding to the EEG
literature on global spatio-temporal waves is the finding by Massimini et
al. (2004) that slow wave activity in the EEG during sleep takes the form of
a global spatio-temporal wave. The waves during slow-wave sleep originate
predominantly from pre-frontal regions.

here is the full link
http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/eletters/27/11/3030

regards