[Neuroscience] Hodgkin Huxley equations

pennsylvaniajake from gmail.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by pennsylvaniajake from gmail.com)
Thu Jul 14 14:26:33 EST 2011

>From what I can gather on the internet, the idea of writing a mathematical program to solve the H-H equations is a waste of time because there are so many software programs that can be used to show this model.

I would like to know the opinion of others regarding this issue.  I realize that this model is presented in introductory courses in neuroscience, but beyond this use is it necessary to pursue a detailed mathematical analysis of it?

I am writing a text book on the mathematics of the neuron and would like to know if I should consider the H-H model or not?  I am going over their paper in detail, but I don't know if I should go into the mathematics of it or not.

Thanks
Prof. Jake