[Neuroscience] stimulation electrodes

daniela spitz via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by danielaspitz1 from googlemail.com)
Sun Jul 17 10:57:45 EST 2011

Hi,

I would like to know the difference between monopolar and bipolar
stimulating electrodes. I can imagine that the strength and actual area
being stimulated (in slices) could be changed with different sizes of
bipolar electrodes. But, to select between mono and bipolar electrodes is
bit puzzling for me. Anywhere I could get literature on this?

thanks
daniela

ps: sorry, if this question could be a basic thing for you, but for me, not.