[Neuroscience] Re: Avoiding antidromic spike during synaptic stimulation

Richard Vickery via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by Richard.Vickery from unsw.edu.au)
Sun Mar 20 21:54:13 EST 2011

Hi Yamini,

There's usually not a lot of difference between the axon activating parameters,
so changing electrodes won't separate out your input axons from the ones
originating from the neuron you are recording from.

I don't know about the geometry of your thalamic slice, but what you want is to
be on an input pathway and not on an output pathway. You will more likely get
success hunting around for a better stimulus site than by changing electrodes.

regards

Richard Vickery

UNSW