[Neuroscience] quesion

ZARNOWSKA, Ewa Dorota via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by edzska from gmail.com)
Tue May 31 10:36:46 EST 2011

I would not trust slices with no ability of spiking upon stimulation. pspike
tells you that your slices are healthy so that they have proper excitatory
and inhibitory circuitry. pspike also let you select suitable stimulus
intensity for your LTP exp such as subthreshold or 50% pspike size. For LTP
experiments you are required to record from at least 10 slices under
specific conditions, if the quality of slices varies you may get into
troubles when you analyze your data.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:58 AM, n. Hosseini <nasrinhosseini501 from yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi all...
> I am  a postgraduate student in physiology and my research is about LTP in
> dentate gyrus. threr is not population spike in some of my recording data
> .my quesion is:Do ps is nesessary for recording?

Ewa Zarnowska
Droid (608) 354 8787