hepatitis-mosquitoes

Yitzhak Berman F46053 at vm.biu.ac.il
Sun Apr 3 10:47:51 EST 1994

I am interested in receiving information which would either
verify or negate an observation I made regarding the
relationship between hepatitis and mosquitoes.

My two year old grandaughter, Shlomit, spent a night in our
home without getting a single mosquito bite while her one
year old sister, Herut, sleeping in the same room was badly
bitten. Shlomit was diagnosed as having hepatitis A one day
later.  It appeared that the mosquitoes "knew" that Shlomit
had hepatitis and were uninterested in her blood.

I would be interested in hearing about any similar event
which demonstrates that children with hepatitis do not get
mosquitoe bites, or evidence negating that hypothesis.

Would anybody have an hypothesis which would explain the
phenomenon of mosquitoes' disinterest in children with
hepatitis?

Yitzhak Berman

F46053 at BARILVM