Inavailability of VERMOX

Scott Gardner, Nematology UCD scott at tapeworm.ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 5 11:48:01 EST 1994

Dear ALL:

Here in smoggy California, there appears to be a shortage of VERMOX.  Is this the case
in other areas of the world?  The pharmacies that I have contacted have said that
they cannot get VERMOX because of unexplained back-order from the supplier.  Maybe
there are no more parasites?  That does not seem to be the case, since a pediatrician
that I spoke with said that pinworms (Enterobius vermicularius or E. gregori) are more common
this year than she remembers in the past.

Any information regarding this problem can be posted here, it sounds strange to have a
shortage of VERMOX.  I usually take this drug when I get Ascaris.  What do you take?

SCOTT GARDNER