Is your work part of your life

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Wed Apr 13 19:06:04 EST 1994

I recently heard an unsubstantiated rumour (which I am not substantiating
but am certainly willing to spread!) about a parasitologist (who I will
not name) from a southern state (which I won't name) who desperately
wanted to bring back from E. Europe a cestode species that is infective
to humans.  Concerned that live agents infective to humans from behind
the Iron Curtain would raise a few eyebrows at customs, he smuggled the
culture by infecting himself and later, after passing customs, simply
collected the eggs from his own stool.

Of course, this is just rumour.  Inquiring minds want to know...

Mark

--
Mark Siddall             The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
Department of Zoology       - it is the _illusion_ of knowledge.
mes at zoo.toronto.edu