Killing Intestinal Nemata

Scott Gardner, Nematology UCD scott at tapeworm.ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 20 18:59:08 EST 1994

To all:

I posted a message about the paucity of VERMOX in pharmacies.  I again polled my pre-med, pre-
vet, and pre-pharmacy students in my Parasitology class (120 students enrolled)
here at Davis and found that VERMOX is not available.
I am interested in why this is the case.  Are there any Physicians out there
who have information on this subject?   Maybe there are no more pinworms in kids in the US, maybe
Ascaris has been eradicated from the world as per an extinction event and VERMOX (Mebendazole)
or another brand name of this drug is no longer needed.  The death of a person with Strongyloides has
recently been discussed here, pamoate drugs don't work on this one...

Scott Gardner