Rat feces

Peter W Pappas ppappas at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 9 06:25:54 EST 1994

After reading the article by Evans et al. (1992, Can. J. Zool. 70:2311) in
which it was reported that beetles (Tribolium) were "attracted" to feces from
rats infected with Hymenolepis diminuta, we have confirmed these observations
using Tenebrio molitor.  We want to now try to find what is in the feces of
infected rats that actually "attracts" the beetles.  Does anyone know of a
source that reports the biochemical analysis of feces of rats so know where to
start looking?  Thank you.
--
Peter W. Pappas, Professor/Chairperson, Department of Zoology,
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH  43210  USA