Specimen acquisition

Jim Riosa riosa at zoo.toronto.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:43:13 EST 1994

The largest biological supply company in North America is looking
for sources of certain parasites for their slide collection and
animal diversity collection.  The animal diversity material needs
to be easily seen with the naked eye, while the slide material is
for whole mounts.
If you are culturing specimens and may be interested in selling a
reasonable quantity of material on a regular basis, please post
your replies to "riosa at zoo.toronto.edu".  Provide e-mail, snail mail,
phone and fax, and I will put you in touch with the appropriate
people.
The species that are desperately needed are as follows.
Clinorchis sinensis (for animal kingdom sets)
Paragonimus sp. adult (for slide mounts)
Hymenolepis nana (for slide mounts)
Any pentastomid (one for slide mounts, one for animal kingdom sets.  This
on is particularily crucial as they have no representative pentastomid
in either collection, and would like to be as complete as possible.)
Phthirus pubis (for slide mounts)
Please post directly to this account.  Neither company has Internet acces
yet, so I will be forwarding the info by conventional means.  Please
indicate your preferred mode of cantact.
Thanks