Demodex Foricculum

pp000165 at pp000165 at
Fri Oct 14 16:26:16 EST 1994

Demodex folliculorum is a hair follicle mite  which is a tiny
worm-like "bug"  that lives in the hair follicles and
sebaceous glands of mammals including  humans. They are
extremely common and may be present in more than 90% of
the human population.  They rarely cause any problems altho
they can be the focus of minor infection from time to time.
In dogs  demodex causes mange which can be fatal, especially                 in
among smaller breeds.

I dont want to use up bandwith by sending a book out on these
mites so if you have more specific questions write me on
e-mail. Kevin (pp000165 at