Information

Peter W Pappas ppappas at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Mon Sep 19 13:36:01 EST 1994

Can someone tell me the different between 96-well plates that are used for (1)
ELISA and (2) tissue culture?  I understand that the wells are coated with
different substances to either enhance or inhibit binding of specific
molecules, but no one around here seems to know exactly what's in the wells.

We want to incubate cysticercoids in vitro in the wells, and we prefer to use
plates to which the cysticercoids do not stick.  The cysticercoids do stick to
glass, so I assume they bear a net negative charge.  Knowing this, can you
recommend which type of plates (culture/ELISA) we should use?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
--
Peter W. Pappas, Professor/Chairperson, Department of Zoology,
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH  43210  USA