ANY NEWS ON TX OR RX/MALARIA???

pbio2597 at altair.selu.edu pbio2597 at altair.selu.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:22:16 EST 1994

I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS A NEW MED. AVAILABLE FOR THE TREATMENT OF MALARIA.
IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WOULD YOU CONTACT ME...MY HUSBAND WORKS IN
SO.AFRICA(ANGOLA/CABINDA) AND HAS TO TRAVEL TO THE PHILIPPINES FREQUENTLY AND
ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASSION HAS HAD A FLARE UP WITHOUT ACCESS TO MEDICAL
ATTENTION...HE REFUSED THE MEDS THE COMPANY HANDS OUT BECAUSE OF THE
SIDE-EFFECTS, NAMELY VISION LOSS.  A PRICE HE CAN'T PAY GIVEN HIS
PROFESSION...SO...HIS LIVER ENZYMES HAVE CLIMBED TO ABNORMAL LEVELS (NOT TOO
HIGH BUT THE TREND IS NOT GOOD)  AND I WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE ALL POSSIBLE
ALTERNATIVES AVAILABLE...

CAN YOU HELP US???

M. AUTERY
PBIO2597 at SELU.EDU