WWW and Photographic Databases

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Dec 8 07:52:55 EST 1995

Hello again... another installment regarding the web.
I trust these posts are informative and not unwelcome (?).

We have linked from http://www-museum.unl.edu/asp/ a page for
links to photos of parasites.  These collections are in-line
images viewable wth your browser of course and are located in a
variety of places.
There's even an MPEG (i.e., a movie) of Cryptosporidium excysting
(they've even embellished it with sounds !) at Cells Alive.

The purpose of this post is to request that any other individuals out
there who have on-line parasite photo collections tell us about them
and allow us to create a link from the Parasite Photo page.

I would recommend that if you do this, to place a copyright notice
on the page to protect your hard work (standard practise now).

Also, if you have 35mm slides of critters, and do not have them on-line,
I would encourage you to do so.  Your local graphics Dept. can
probably digitise them for about $1 to $2 each giving you a permanent
elecronic (and high res) copy, and thus putting yourself in the position to
have your colleagues and friends ooh and aah at your fine work while
they web surf.

Cheers,

Mark

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062