Testing for T. Cruzi infection

MICHAEL WHALEY mlwhaley at mci.newscorp.com
Thu Dec 21 14:28:49 EST 1995

I was recently advised by blood bank personnel, that I should be tested
for T. Cruzi since I spent two months in S. America in 1983.

I attempted to do so but my doctor told me that the lab personnel said
that there was no test available for Chaga's disease.

I had previously posted, asking for info on the disease and the parasite
and many very nice people responded with lots of information.  There
seems to be a common thread that 1.-There are tests available and 2.-that
I should be tested.

Could anyone send information specifically on the tests themselves.  My
Doctor said he would be very interested in any information available.

Thanks!   and  Happy Holidays!

Mike Whaley

EMail: mlwhaley at delphi.com