Where'd everybody go?

Joachim Dagg joaccigh at w203zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 3 04:41:39 EST 1995

If I was able to start an argument with you about the phylogeny of
parasitic protists, I guess it would be a bit special for someone who
works on parasitic ticks, mites lice, bugs, nematodes,hymenopterans,
etc., etc.. Throwing around names of species and characters, who would
understand? The experts!
So this group could be a nice tool for experts finding other experts
around the world and communicate with them. But that would need a hell
of a lot more of them reading this group. As long as there's only one
expert to each special field on the net, (s)he won't find another one.
Nice long threads with many different people participating can only
occur on theoretical topics like virulence.
So sad, the parasitologists around the world do not make this group a
powerful information exchange tool. Maybe the time is not mature jet.

P.S.: On a first guess I'd say neither a) nor b) or c) is
monophyletic. Joachim