inokosterone

Norman Gare igaren at info.curtin.edu.au
Mon Feb 27 01:28:11 EST 1995

Dear chemists and other colleagues in science.

Can someone please advise where I can obtain inokosterone?  This is a
steroid hormone derived from ecdysone and has the systematic name of:
(2beta,3beta,14alpha,20R,22R,26-hexahydroxy-5beta-cholest-7-en-6-one).
  According to one reference (Hoppe-Seyler's Z. Physiol. Chem. 359 1269,
(1978)) Rohto Pharmaceuticals (Osaka, Japan) have supplied it previously.
 However, this company has not responded to fax enquiries.  I need 5 to
10 milligrams of same for a start.

Norman Gare (Dr)
School of Biomedical Sciences
Curtin University of Technology