Novels or biographies to excite parasit. students

mlankest at lakeheadu.ca mlankest at lakeheadu.ca
Thu Jan 5 12:14:22 EST 1995

Picking up on an idea used by a teacher at Miami U., I'd like to build a list
of novels, biographies, etc. that may be less technical but use creative
writing skills to bring out the excitement of discovery , intellectual
gymnastics, and human side of the lives of people in relation to disease and
parasitological research.  Camus' La Peste is one example that comes to mind
but many lesser works I'm sure still have lots of merit.  I vaguely recall
reading as a student a little paper-back called The Blue Angels (or something
like that) whose short stories about the detective work of public health
investigators really caught my imagination.  Can anyone help me with this and
similar works that my intro. parasitol. students might be encouraged to read?
Mlankest at gale.lakeheadu.ca