Novels or biographies to excite parasit. students

Peter W Pappas ppappas at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jan 6 06:25:45 EST 1995

>> parasitological research.
>
>Perhaps this isn't quite what you have in mind (and you probably know it
>already), but I really like "New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers", by

>Robert S. Desowitz.  For those who haven't read it, it contains a number of
>anecdotes about Desowitz's experiences, with a particular emphasis on how huma
>behaviour influences susceptibility to parasites.  Parts of it are extremely
>funny, which can get the attention of the students.
>
>Randy Read
>rndy at mycroft.mmid.ualberta.ca

Desowitz's book is really fantastic --- but as far as I know it's "out of
print" (I found out when I wanted to make it required reading for my
parasitology students).  It was last published in 1981 by Avon Books.
--
Peter W. Pappas, Professor/Chairperson, Department of Zoology,
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH  43210  USA